Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hillary Clinton Talks About Adultery

TYRA GETS HILLARY TO TALK ABOUT BILL'S CHEATING: Sen. Clinton gets real personal during taping of Banks' talk show.

During a taping of the "Tyra Banks Show" Monday, Hillary Clinton spoke candidly and at length about the pain she endured when her husband, former president Bill Clinton, had his White House fling with former staffer Monica Lewinsky.

“I really had to dig down deep and think hard about what was right for me, what was right for my family,” the Democratic presidential hopeful told Banks in an appearance set to air Friday.
In explaining her decision to stay in the marriage, she told Tyra: “I never doubted Bill’s love for me ever, and I never doubted my faith and my commitment to our daughter and our extended family.”

Her initial reaction to his infidelity, however, was not as diplomatic. In fact, she admitted to dealing with a range of emotions – from anger to embarrassment.

“The momentary feelings — you know, you are mad, you are really upset, you are disappointed — all of that goes through your mind …” Clinton said. “I have found you really shouldn’t make decisions in the heat of those moments.”

After surviving such a high-profile affair, Banks noted, women must come up and say, "My husband is stepping out on me," and ask, "What is Clinton’s advice?"

"I say you have to be true to yourself," Clinton said. "No one story is the same as any other story. I don’t know your reality. I can’t possibly substitute my judgment for yours. … You have to do what is right for you and that may not be what anybody else believes."

After reading this interview on EURWeb, I gained a new respect for Hillary Clinton. During the highly publicized and scandalous affair between Bill Clinton and Monica Lewisnsky, I erroneously concluded that Hillary only wanted Bill for his position, power, and money. She appeared to be nonchalant even removed from the entire situation. I remember thinking, "What is wrong with that woman! Her husband publicly humiliated her and she does nothing but stand beside him and smile!"

This interview allowed me to see Hillary Clinton as human. A real woman and wife who was crapped on and lived to tell about it. Even still a committed woman who made the decision to fight for her marriage. It made me stop and think...

How often does this happen? One spouse enters into an adulterous relationship, however, due to a variety of circumstances (position, children, etc.) the innocent party cannot outwardly display their emotions? The innocent spouse grins outwardly, yet suffers inwardly. Hhmm...

No comments: