This year focus on the internal you...
- Determine to achieve emotional healing from a break-up or divorce.
- Re-establish who you are in your new single role.
- Make a commitment to re-build family relationships. It is therapeutic!
- Commit to replace negative feelings (bitterness, anger, strife) with positive feelings (peace, hope, love).
- Terminate toxic relationships. You know the kind that evoke pain at contact or leave you feeling empty and drained.
- If all else fails, don't be embarrassed to seek counseling. It works!
- Specific - be very clear about what you hope to achieve.
- Measurable - identify ways to measure your progress.
- Achievable - don't try to boil the ocean. Even if your resolution is lofty, break it down into smaller, easily attainable chunks.
- Relevant - setting resolutions for the sake of setting them is a waste of time. Commit to a resolution that is meaningful to you and makes you a better person.
- Time-bound - don't commit to resolutions that will take you five years to achieve. It should be achievable in its totality during 2008.
Involve your close friends and/or relatives by sharing your resolution and asking them to hold you accountable. Make 2008 your year of emotional success!